1 Head of a cauliflower cut into florets
2 medium potatoes cut into 2 inch cubes
1 inch of grated ginger
1/2 tsp of cumin seeds
3 tsp of coriander powder
1/2 tsp of turmeric powder
1/4 tsp of red chili powder
3 tbs of canola oil
1 cup of peas
1 tsp of salt or more to taste
2 tbs of fresh chopped cilantro
Add fresh lime or lemon juice
- Heat the oil in a pan. Test the heat by adding one cumin seed to the oil; if seed crackles right away oil is ready.
- Add cumin seeds to the oil then add all the dry spices stir for a few seconds.
- Add the potatoes, ginger, and salt. Mix well. Cover the pan and let it cook on medium heat for about 15 min until potatoes are fork tender. Make sure to stir gently every 5 minutes.
- Do the same method in a separate pan with the cauliflower.
- Once both the potato and cauliflower are fork tender add in the peas and turn the heat higher to medium high heat and brown the potato and cauliflower a bit.
- Variation – You can also add the cut cauliflower with the potatoes in the same pan or cook them separately. I tend to cook them separately to ensure that each potato and cauliflower has flavoring and is cooked perfectly.
- Lastly, add fresh cilantro (green coriander) and lemon juice and mix everything, Adjust the salt to your taste.
Add some sliced red bell peppers, carrots. The red bell peppers should be added at the end of the recipe as they cook quickly. It’s served with roti, puri, naan or any indian bread.