1 tbsp: coconut oil
1½ tbsp: peeled and minced ginger
1 tbsp: curry powder
1 tsp: ground turmeric
½ tsp: red chile powder
1 pound: sea scallops (about 10)
1 cup: trimmed green beans
1 13.5 ounce: can coconut milk
½ medium: red onion minced
8 curry leaves
½ tsp: black mustard seeds
1. Place scallops in a bowl and rub them with the curry powder and set aside for 15 minutes.
2. In a large skillet on medium-high, heat coconut oil and when the oil is hot add the scallops. Sear on one side for about 2 minutes then flip and continue to cook until cooked through and opaque. Continue cooking the scallops in batches.
3. In the same skillet add the mustard seeds and ginger, curry leaves, and onion. Saute for 5 minutes until the onions are browned then add the green beans.
4. Add the salt, chile powder, turmeric and sauté until fragrant, about another minute. Add the coconut milk and simmer on low for about 10 minutes. Don’t let the coconut milk boil or it’ll get too thick.
5. Return the scallops to the curry and simmer for another 5 minutes or until they are completely heated through.