1/2 cup of chickpea flour (gram flour)
1⁄2 cup of ground cornmeal
2 green chili’s chopped
2 tsp of Maani’s Curried Chickpea Spice Blend
3 Tbsp of Chopped Cilantro
Salt and Pepper
2 Tbsp of Canola Oil
2 cups of water
Yogurt Dipping Sauce:
1⁄2 cup of sour cream
1⁄2 cup of greek yogurt
1 Tbsp grated lemon zest
2 Tbsp of fresh lemon juice
1 small garlic chopped
salt and pepper
Combine everything together and
mix to make a smooth yogurt sauce.
- Heat the 2 cups of water in a large fry pan over medium heat and add the Maani’s Spice Blend, salt and pepper.
- Turn the heat to low and mix in the chickpea flour and cornmeal and mix vigorously to ensure there are no lumps for approx. 5 minutes. If
there are a few small lumps that’s okay. Once this becomes a thick mixture stir in the green chili’s and pour onto a cookie sheet and chill for
20 minutes in the fridge to allow to set.
- Once the chickpea mixture is cold it’ll still be pliable; cut it into thick strips.
- Next heat up another fry pan over medium heat with the oil and fry the chickpea pieces in batches until golden brown on all sides.
- Transfer onto paper towels and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve this with a mint chutney or yogurt dipping sauce as a yummy snack.