1 small onion diced
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp of cumin seeds
1 cup of heavy cream
1 Tbsp of Dijon mustard or 1 tsp
2 Tbsp of panko Italian breadcrumbs
1 green chili or jalapeno chopped
2 Tbsp of shredded parmesan or any coarsely
grated sharp cheese
1 tsp of Maani’s Curried Chickpea Spice Blend
4 fish filets such as Tilapia or Red Snapper or
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 Tbsp of Canola Oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small sauté pan heat the canola oil over medium high heat and sauté the green chili’s and diced onion until golden brown. Add the cumin
and mustard seeds and sauté till the seeds start to sputter. Then add the Curried Chickpea Spice Blend and pour in the cream.
- Mix all together and add the grated cheese, salt and pepper and simmer for a few minutes.
- In an oven proof baking dish place the fish fillets skin side down and spoon the mustard sauce evenly over the fish filets, making sure the fish
is completely covered. Sprinkle the bread crumbs on top of the saucy fish and bake for 15 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish.
- Serve this hot with a salad or vegetable medley. If you would like to use cauliflower instead of fish then steam the raw cauliflower over boiling
water for 5 minutes. Then add the drained soft cauliflower with the mustard sauce and follow the same instructions as above and enjoy!