2 cups basmati rice
4 cups of chicken broth
1 14 ounce can of chickpeas drained
1 large onion chopped
2/3 cup of golden raisins
2 Tbsp of Canola Oil
1 large potato peeled and chopped
2 cloves of garlic chopped
1 Tbsp of chopped dill
1 Tbsp of chopped cilantro
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp of Maani’s Curried Chickpea
2 tsp of cumin seeds
1 cinnamon stick
1/3 cup of toasted pistachios
- Heat up the canola oil in a large stockpot over medium high heat.
- Then add the cinnamon stick, bayleaf, garlic and onions and sauté until golden brown approx. 10 minutes.
- Once the onions are dark brown add the cumin seeds, chopped potato, chickpeas, Maani’s Spice Blend and mix together so the chickpeas
and potatoes are covered by the spice onion mixture.
- Then add in the salt, pepper and mix in the basmati rice, raisins and stir together.
- Once everything is mixed add in the chicken broth and boil over high heat. Once it starts to boil reduce heat to low and cover until rice is
cooked approx. 20 minutes.
- Serve this on a lovely platter and garnish with the toasted pistachios, dill and cilantro and enjoy!