4 pieces of white bread
Butter for bread
6 slices of American or medium sharp cheddar cheese
1 tomato, diced
1 green pepper, diced
1 small onion, sliced
2 Tbsp of canola oil
2 Tbsp of Maani’s Curried Chickpea Spice Blend
1 small green thai chili
1 Tbsp of Mayo
1 Tbsp of Siracha
Mint Chutney (optional)
(This Mint Chutney is not required for this sandwich if you don’t have time, but it does make it extra delicious.. )
7 ounces of cilantro leaves, stalks washed thoroughly
1 ounce of mint leaves
2 garlic cloves, peeled
2 green birds eye or thai chilis
4 Tbsp of vegetable oil
2 tsp of salt
1 tsp of sugar
1 lemon juice only
- Heat a medium sized skillet over medium high heat and canola oil.
- Add in the onion, bell pepper, green chili and tomato and stir together till soft about 4 minutes.
- Then add the Curried Chickpea Spice Blend and once the veggies are cooked through take this mixture and transfer it into another bowl.
- Butter both sides of each slice of bread and on the other side of the bread add some mayo, siracha and mint chutney on both slices of bread.
- Then put the buttered slice of bread on the hot skillet and add the 3 slices of cheese and add half of the veggie mixture on top of the cheese.
- Then take the other slice of bread that has the mayo, siracha and mint chutney and place it butter side up on top of the veggies. Once the bread is golden brown on the bottom flip the sandwich using a spatula until both sides of the bread are golden brown and the cheese is melted.