1 large onion chopped and diced
3 large tomato’s chopped
8 curry leaves
2 Tbsp ginger and garlic paste
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp fenugreek seeds
2 green chii’s diced
4 pieces of fresh white fish, tilapia, halibut or cod
2 TBSP of Ch Tikka Masala Spice Blend
salt to taste
black pepper to taste
½ cup of water
lime to squeeze
coriander to garnish
- Marinate the fish with the ginger garlic paste, turmeric and some dashes of salt.
- Then place a large, shallow frying pan over medium heat and add the oil.
- Once hot, add the chopped onions and green chili’s with a pinch of salt and sauté for 8–10 minutes, until completely soft and turning brown.
- Add the cumin seeds and fenugreek seeds and curry leaves. Mix in the Ch tikka masala spice blend and then add the chopped tomatoes.
- Stir together for the next few minutes till the tomato’s become jammy and soft. Now add the fish and tuck them into the sauce in order to poach the white fish.
- Slowly add the water and cover over low heat. After a few minutes the sauce will thicken and the fish will be cooked through. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Squeeze the lime on top of the fish and garnish with cilantro, serve over white basmati rice.