14.4 oz bag of frozen corn
2 Tbsp of oil
15 ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed
8 ounce package of Mexican cheese
½ cup of heavy cream
1 Tbsp of siracha
3 Tbsp of Maani’s Curried Chickpea Spice Blend
salt and pepper to taste
1/3 cup of chopped cilantro
2 cloves of chopped garlic
1 green bell pepper chopped
1 jalepeno chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a heavy medium sized skillet heat up the oil and sauté the jalepeno, chopped garlic and bell pepper for a few minutes until soft and fragrant. 3. Then add in the Spice Blend, salt and pepper and add in the corn and mix together for a few minutes until heated through.
4. Add in the drained black beans and stir together until everything is warm.
5. Then you can transfer this corn and bean mixture into a oven safe dish.
6. Using the same saucepan pour in the heavy cream, siracha, salt, pepper and mix in the Mexican cheese until its melted and becomes a sauce.
7. Then pour the cheese sauce into the oven safe dish and mix all together with the corn and bean mixture and mix in the cilantro.
8. Transfer to the oven and bake until the cheese starts to bubble and the edges turn brown.
9. Serve with tortilla chips, I prefer the fried ones at Whole Foods!
10 You can also add in roasted sweet potato or chicken to this corn and bean dip and fill a burrito to make a very hearty sweet potato, corn and bean burrito.