1 lb of ground chicken, turkey or beef
1 onion chopped
1 green jalepeno or thai green chili chopped
3 cloves of garlic chopped
2 inch of grated ginger
2 Tbs of Chicken Tikka Masala Spice Blend
1 cup can of Trader Joe’s tomato Sauce
1/3 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
4 Hamburger buns
1/2 red onion, sliced
salt and pepper to taste
chopped cilantro to garnish
- Heat a large skillet and add 2 Tbsp of vegetable or canola oil over medium high heat and add the chopped onions, green chili, garlic and ginger and keep stirring until golden brown approx 10 minutes. .
- Once the onion mixture is golden brown add in the Maani’s chicken tikka masala spice blend and mix together so the spices are heated then add in the tomato sauce and mix everything nicely for approx 8 minutes until the sauce becomes a bit thick.
- Then add in the ground chicken and mix together until chicken is fully cooked through and the color changes from a white color to a deep brown, you will mix the chicken and tomato onion mixture for about 15 more minutes to the color is a deep brown color. Then add salt, pepper to taste. You can also add in red pepper flakes if you would like this more spicy.
- Once the ground chicken is done you can then take out another fry pan and heat it up, add some butter to each slice of hamburger bun and toast each slice.
- Then top each bun with the yummy tangy ground chicken mixture and top with shredded cheddar cheese, chopped cilantro and sliced red onions. It’s the best sloppy joe sandwich of all times!!
- This one pot dish is also called “keema” for another variation or entree you can add 1 cup of frozen peas and this can entree can be serve with basmati rice and naan as a main dish you would just omit the cheddar cheese and hamburger buns. I’ve also filled a flour tortilla with this ground chicken mixture added some frozen corn, cheddar cheese, cilantro and add another flour tortilla on top to pan fry the most flavorful quesadilla you’ve ever had in your life! Serve with a yummy salsa and definitely some sour cream…
- You can also fill this ground chicken mixture in a defrosted puff pastry and bake for the most tempting appetizer your guests have ever had or top a naan bread with the chicken, grated cheddar cheese and cilantro and bake as a keema pizz yum!
- My most favorite lunch is filling this chicken keema into bibb lettuce, then garnishing it with cucumber, tomato, shredded carrots and greek yogurt. You can also top your yummy lettuce wraps with pomegranate and toasted cashews! I seriously need to stop typing I’m hungry..