Pesto Mixture in the Blender
2 cups of fresh spinach
1 bunch of fresh cilantro
few sprigs of fresh mint leaves (optional)
2 fresh serrano chili or jalepeno
salt and pepper
1 lemon juiced
For the Pasta
½ box of spaghetti, cooked
2 inches of ginger
2 cloves of garlic chopped
2 Tbsp of Maani’s Chana Masala Spice Blend
1 onion chopped
2 Tbsp of Canola or Vegetable oil
salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all the ingredients for the cilantro pesto in your nutribullet or blender. You might need to add a few tablespoons of water to have a sauce type consistency. Scrape down the sides with a spatula a few times to make sure nothing is missed.
- Taste the pesto and add more salt or fresh lemon juice if needed.
- In a large medium sized pot add the canola oil over medium high heat and sauté the chopped onions, garlic, ginger and sauté until golden brown or approx 10 minutes.
- Then add the Maani’s Curried Chickpeas Spice Blend, salt and pepper and mix together to release the oils in the spices.
- Now incorporate the Cilantro Pesto sauce from your blender and mix together with the onion mixture and let cook for the next 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked spaghetti to the medium sized pot and stir well to combine everything together.
- Ladle the green cilantro pesto pasta in a plate and top with lots of grated parmesan cheese and squeeze a lime or lemon on top and enjoy!