1 Spaghetti Squash Roasted
1 Large Onion chopped
3 cloves of garlic
1 green thai chili or jalapeno chopped
3 Tbsp of Maani’s Chicken Tikka Masala Spice Blend
1 jar of spaghetti sauce like Carfagna’s
1 pound of ground chicken (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste, add red chili flakes if you want it spicier.
2 Tbsp of Canola or Vegetable Oil
Making the Squash
- Microwave Spaghetti Squash for approx. 8 minutes so its easier to cut in half. Then carefully cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and take out the seeds then drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper on each half and turn upside down on a large foil lined baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees.
Making the Sauce
- In a medium sized skillet add 2 Tbsp of Canola or Vegetable oil over medium high heat sauté the onions, green chili’s and garlic for approx. 10 minutes or until golden brown. Now add 3 Tbsp of Maani’s Chicken Tikka Masala Spice Blend and mix together with the onions. If you wanted to add the ground chicken you would add it in now and mix together until the chicken is cooked). Then add in your favorite jar of tomato sauce, salt, pepper, chili flakes and stir together until is starts to boil.
- Cook the sauce for about 10 minutes until the flavors mix together. Taste the sauce and if you need more salt, pepper or chili flakes you can add it in.
- As the sauce is cooking take the Spaghetti Squash out of the oven and flip the squash so it’s the cut side facing up. When cool to the touch, use a fork to scrape and fluff the strands from the sides of the squash, they will look like spaghetti strands.
- Take out a shallow baking dish and mix together the sauce mixture with the seedless spaghetti squash and put everything in the baking dish or you can easily top the squash with a ladle of sauce.
- Sprinkle Mozzarella or Parmesan cheese on top and Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Serve with garlic bread and salad.