1 can of Black Beans
½ cup of quinoa
½ cup of breadcrumbs
3 Tbsp of Maani’s Curried Chickpea Spice Blend
2 cloves of chopped garlic
1 onion chopped
2 green chili’s or jalapeno
1/4 cup of cilantro chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1/3 cup diced green pepper
1/3 cup shredded carrot
1/3 cup diced mushrooms
2 Tbsp of Canola or Vegetable oil
- First cook quinoa according to package instructions. You can cook quinoa in vegetable broth instead of water for more flavor.
- Drain the can of Black Beans and blend in a nutribullet, food processor or blender and add 1 Tbsp of Maani’s Curried Chickpea Spice Blend.
- Heat the canola oil in a skillet over medium high heat and add the chopped onions, garlic, green chili’s, green peppers, carrots and mushrooms. Cook until the vegetables are soft.
- Add 2 Tbsp of Maani’s Curried Chickpea Spice Blend and mix together with the sautéed vegetables.
- In a bowl mix the cooked quinoa, black beans, cilantro, breadcrumbs, cooked vegetables, mix in salt and pepper and form burger patties with the black bean mixture.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat and add 2 Tbsp of oil then place each black bean burger on the skillet and cook until each side is nice and brown.
- Assemble your burgers on a toasted bun with lettuce, tomato, siracha, ketchup, and cilantro yogurt sauce listed below.
Cilantro Yogurt Sauce
½ small onion chopped
2 cups of chopped cilantro
2 cups nonfat yogurt
4 Tbsp fresh mint chopped
3 Tbsp of lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
Combine everything together and mix to make a smooth yogurt sauce.