1 small onion diced or half a large onion
2 Tbsp of canola or vegetable oil
1 cup of tomato sauce (can of Trader Joe’s sauce)
1 can of chickpeas and keep the drained water liquid
2 Tbs of Maani’s Curried Chickpea Spice Blend
salt and pepper to taste
2 cloves of garlic chopped
2 inches of fresh ginger grated
garnish with chopped fresh cilantro
1. Heat up a medium sized pan with 2 Tbsp of canola or vegetable oil over medium high heat.
2. Then sauté the chopped onion, garlic and ginger for approx 10 minutes until golden brown. Then add 2 Tbs of Maani’s Curried Chickpea Spice Blend and mix through for a few min.
3. You can then and add 1 cup of Trader Joe’s can of tomato sauce to the onion mixture and stir together for 5 minutes so the tomato mixture can thicken.
4. Then drain a can of chickpeas but keep the drained liquid (the aquafaba) in a separate bowl. Add the chickpeas to the tomato mixture and combine and roast for a few minutes, then add the chickpea liquid and mix all together.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste and garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve with basmati rice or naan bread. You can also make it into a Kathi Roll sandwich by rolling the chickpeas inside a frozen pratha garnishing it with sliced red onions and chopped cilantro and serve hot.