· ¾ cup white or wheat quinoa
· Water for cooking the quinoa
· 1 and ½ teaspoons salt
· ½ cup raw peanuts
· 2 tablespoons oil
· 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
· 10-15 curry leaves
· ½ an onion chopped
· 1 green chilies
· 1/8 teaspoon asafetida
· ½ teaspoon turmeric
· 1 small tomato, cut into a dice (optional)
· One limes
· 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1. Place the water and the quinoa in a cooking pot and bring the water to a simmer. Add in the salt, and the quinoa and cook for about 15 minutes, until the quinoa is soft. I add plenty of water and then drain the quinoa in a colander
2. While the quinoa is cooking, place the peanuts on a skillet and lightly toast the peanuts until they are golden brown and remove from skillet.
3. Heat the oil on medium heat for 1 minute. Add the mustard seeds and onion.
4. In quick progression add in the curry leaves and the green chilies and tomato, turmeric and the asafetida.
5. Stir and mix in the drained cooked quinoa.
6. Gently stir in the peanuts, cut the limes and squeeze in the juice.
7. Stir in the cilantro and serve hot